On this episode of WTF California, we get into the upcoming Antioch City Council agenda on police reform and this idea of up to $5 an hour hazard pay for grocery store workers. We highlight a Fresno police dog who was stabbed six times but saved the life of an officer. We also get into a variety of other happenings from around the state.
- Antioch City Council to Consider $5 per Hour Hazard Pay for Grocery Store Employees
On Tuesday, the Antioch City Council will discuss moving forward with an Urgency Ordinance that would require large grocery stores to pay employees an additional wage of up to $5 per hour in temporary hazard pay.
- Hero Police Dog Saves Fresno Officer’s Life Despite Being Stabbed 6 Times
FRESNO (AP) — A Fresno police K-9 was stabbed multiple times by a suspect but saved the life of an officer in the process, the city’s police department said.
- Mayor of Windsor accuses council member of assault
WINDSOR, Calif. – The mayor of the California wine country town of Windsor is maintaining his innocence and refusing to resign after five woman alleged in a newspaper report that he sexually assaulted them in separate incidents dating back 17 years.
- Former Sebastopol mayor arrested for alleged child sex crimes
SEBASTOPOL, Calif. (KGO) — Former mayor of Sebastapol, Robert Jacob has been arrested on suspicion having sex with a minor. Sebastopol police arrested Jacob, 44, Saturday morning, booking him on five felony counts and one misdemeanor related to the alleged sexual assault crimes against a child 15-year-old or under.
- Employee thrown from roof of car during carjacking at El Cerrito dealership
EL CERRITO, Calif. (KRON) — An auto dealership employee is recovering Sunday evening after he was thrown from the roof of a car during a carjacking in El Cerrito. The owner of EKE Motorsports says it happened on Friday. A report was filed with the Richmond Police Department.
- Mother arrested in slayings of 3 children in Reseda was embroiled in custody dispute
A woman arrested in connection with the slaying of her three children at their San Fernando Valley apartment was embroiled in a tense child custody dispute, according to the children’s father and court documents.
- 6-year-old boy wounded after someone fires into Sun Valley apartment
A 6-year-old boy was wounded when someone fired into an apartment in Sun Valley early Saturday morning, officials said.
- ‘Never in my wildest thoughts’: Supreme Court strikes rules barring California home worship
The Court ordered that California cannot enforce coronavirus-related restrictions limiting home-based religious worship, including Bible studies and prayer meetings. The decision marks the latest in a recent string of cases in which the high court has barred officials from enforcing some COVID-19 rules applying to religious gatherings.
- Buffy Wicks Bill to Expand Family Leave and Paid Sick Leave Moves Forward
On Thursday, the California State Assembly Labor and Employment Committee pushed forward Assembly Bill 1041 by Assemblymember Buffy Wicks (D-Oakland) in a 5-2 vote.
- Las Vegas pushes to become first to ban ornamental grass
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A desert city built on a reputation for excess and indulgence wants to become a model for restraint and conservation with a first-in-the-nation policy banning grass that nobody walks on.
- Average US price of gas holds steady at $2.94 per gallon
CAMARILLO, Calif. – The average U.S. price of regular-grade gasoline held steady over the past two weeks at $2.94 per gallon.
- Son of slain Riverside woman wonders why attacker was not in jail
A person accused of assault with a deadly weapon other than a firearm, as was Montoya, can be sentenced to up to four years in state prison if convicted. That length of confinement is within the threshold for the $0 bail schedule enacted in April 2020 by the state Judicial Council at the urging of California Supreme Court Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye.
Follow Us & Subscribe
- Apple Podcast – click here
- Google Podcast – click here
- PodBean – click here
- Spotify – click here
- TuneIn-Alexa: click here
- Official Website
- Follow us on Facebook
Do us a favor and hit subscribe and be alerted when new episodes are released.