When generating a Top 10 list, sometimes you have to let it be personal. With this list that’s exactly what I have done. Sports has been a part of my entire life. They are inspiring because the only way to truly succeed is to give your best effort but at the same time keep your sense of humor. If there is one thing, though, I believe is effort because lazy never wins.
With all that said let us hit my favorite 10 quotes from athletes:
10. Tiger Woods:” Winning Solves everything”….Yes I know it’s basic, it’s simple but man it’s 100% truth
9. Wayne Gretzky: “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take”…now this one is more than sports, this here is also a dating philosophy. For you youngsters out there never be afraid to take your shot.
8. Tug McGraw: “I dunno, I never smoked any astro turf”…remember I said about the sense of humor, Tug was being badgered by a reporter constantly and he finally decided to start giving him nothing but smart ass answers.
7. Yogi Berra: “It ain’t over til its over”…. you can do an entire list just with Yogi Berra quotes, but this one helps set a level of determination that is only seen in winners.
6. Carl Lewis: ”If you don’t have confidence you will always find a way to lose”…This is the A Prototype answer from any winner, you have to believe in yourself more than anybody else believes in you. Nobody has ever displayed more confidence than Carl Lewis, that’s why he believed he could sing the National Anthem..he can’t he really sucked but he was confident
5. Satchel Paige: “Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way” … This quote is even more amazing when you know the story of watch Satchel Paige went through to make the major leagues. In my opinion, one of the top the pitchers of all time and a great human.
4. Mike Ditka: “You’re never a loser until you quit trying”…Once again a great determination quote, from probably one of the most determined individuals every to step on a football field as a player or a coach.
3. Michael Jordon: “If you do the work you get rewarded. There are no short cuts in life”….This nugget of wisdom comes from a person that was cut from his High School basketball team to become the 2nd best player in NBA history ( Kareem Abdul Jabbar is the greatest and he fought Bruce Lee)
2. Muhammad Ali: “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life” …. This man to me is one of the most courageous athletes/celebrities to ever live. He sacrificed part of the peak of his career because he believed in something. Muhammad Ali taught me, you can’t have honor if you don’t honor your own convictions
1. Vince Lombardi: “The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary”… This quote comes from the greatest coach in NFL history, he has many inspirational quotes but this one has always stood out to me and it use to hang above my desk for a long time. Sit back and actually soak in what this truly means.
So there you have it, my Top 10 spots quotes that inspired me. With this blend I am sure you can tell I am about working hard, pushing to the limits but yet still keep a sense of humor at hand.
So if you have any quotes you would like to share or a top you would like to submit please but them in the comment section or you can email me at Kenny@theunoffendable.com