On this episode of WTF California, we talk about how Contra Costa County education leaders call for teacher vaccinations. We question where in the world is State Superintendent Tony Thurmond hiding? Party foul on Assemblywoman Lorena Gonzalez and her opinion of Casablanca. Kevin Faulconer running for Governor. We are finally starting to see impact of “hero pay” which is actually shutting down stores and costing jobs. Six in custody for changing “Hollywood sign” and YouTubers charged in illegal street racing. Meanwhile, media finally talking about the spike in Oakland homicides after police funding reduced.
- Contra Costa County Education Leaders Join Call for Teacher Vaccinations
- Faulconer formally announces bid for governorship
- Ralphs, Food4Less locations closing in Long Beach over ‘hero pay’
- Six in custody for unauthorized changes to Hollywood sign
- YouTube users charged with illegal California street racing
- Shootings in Oakland soar as cuts to Police Department take hold
How to listen & Subscribe to get alerts when new episodes are released:
- Apple Podcast – click here
- Google Podcast – coming soon
- PodBean – click here
- Spotify – click here
- TuneIn-Alexa: click here
- Official Website
A little anecdotal info regarding the topic. I work for Trader Joe’s. We aren’t union, and have higher pay and better benefits than union grocery stores, and better prices on a lot of things too. Starting Feb 1st, TJs decided to give all crew members across the country the extra $4 an hour because they didn’t see it as fair to just give it to the California workers. The fact that they’re able to do this I think is do to a more successful business model than the standard union grocer.