Movies that are set in High School typically have things in common, laughs and hi-jinx! Here are our top 10 favorite must see comedies set in that time frames. These aren’t judged on strength of plot but primarily did it make us laugh out loud and say what the f@%k did I just see.
Starting off with:
10. Weird Science: we’re introduced to one of the greatest bullies in movie history Chet!
9. Napoleon Dynamite: After seeing this movie you will have a new appreciation for school elections and an American beauty named La Fonda
8. Porky’s: Pee Wee and the gang will show you firsthand how you lost your virginity in the 50’s
7. 10 Things I Hate About You: A modern set version of the Taming of the Shrew set with a very funny twist! And I’m still wondering, does Bianca Stratford have beer flavored nipples?
6. Fast Times at Ridgemont High: This film not only spawned an entire decade of people talking like stoned surfers but it also gives us one of the most paused moments in movies history…..thank you Phoebe Cates!
5. American Graffiti: Maybe the greatest soundtrack of all time. This movie made cruising famous
4. Dazed and Confused: Not only was this a great movie but it was the launching pad for countless great careers
3. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off: This movie is directly responsible for multiple days of cutting class and trying to make up the best excuse to your parents
2. American Pie: An absolute must see movie, laughs from beginning to end. It reminds me of this one time……
1. Super Bad: Three high school friends trying to end their high school days popular instead of staying being one of the cool inept! This movie introduces us to McLovin
I am sure there are several others that could have been on this list and maybe even should have. If you have a movie you think we missed please let us know or submit your own list.